Traffic Restrictions and Street Closures for Tree Lighting/Winter Lights 5K Road Race
Media Press Release
Traffic Restrictions and Street Closures for
Tree Lighting/Winter Lights 5K Road Race
December 2, 2022
The annual Christmas Tree Lighting will take place on December 2, 2022 at the Town Hall green followed by the Winter Lights 5K Road Race. The race starts on Court Street at Howland Street and proceeds north to Nelson Street, south on Water Street to Union Street, through Stephen’s Field and north on Sandwich Street, Main Street, and Court Street to the finish at Town Hall.
The following street closures will be in effect from 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM for the Christmas Tree Lighting and Road Race:
• Main Street @ Leyden Street will be closed to all traffic into downtown.
• Samoset Street @ Court Street will be closed to all traffic South on Court Street
• Access to Court Street will be restricted at the following locations: Vernon Street, Memorial Drive, Chilton Street, Clyfton Street, Brewster Street, and S. Russell Street.
In addition to the above the following temporary traffic restrictions will be in place for the Winter Lights 5K Road Race beginning at approximately 6:30 PM:
• Traffic southbound on Court Street will be diverted westbound on Olmstead Terrace
• No through traffic from Allerton Street at Clyfton & Vernon Streets
• No through traffic from Water Street at Brewster & Chilton Streets
• No southbound traffic on Court Street from Samoset Street
All traffic restrictions will be in place until the road race passes by each location and/or as deemed necessary by the Police Department. Court Street between Samoset Street and Leyden Street should be avoided during this time.
Side Streets off Court Street will be accessible for residents and businesses unless restricted as noted above.
Chief Dana Flynn
Plymouth Police Department