Drug Overdose Information

The Plymouth Police Department stands ready to assist you and your family with the identifying and/or dealing with a loved one or someone close to you that may have or may be developing an addiction problem with either drugs or alcohol.

If you would like to speak with someone confidentially concerning a loved one, or would like to request further information, please call the Plymouth County Outreach at 508-830-4218 X261.

What is Heroin?

Know the Signs of Overdose – Save a Life

These files require a PDF reader. If you do not have Adobe PDF Reader installed, you can download it here.

Massachusetts General Low Chapter 123 Sections 12 & 35 deal with Court Ordered treatment for Mental Health (section 12) and Substance Abuse (section 35) issues.

Petition for Commitment of Alcoholic or Substance Abuser (Sec 35)

These files require a PDF reader. If you do not have Adobe PDF Reader installed, you can download it here.

Initiating Court-Ordered Assisted Treatment

Substance abuse treatmentA section 35 is a civil commitment of a person that is having alcohol or substance abuse issues. This is how it works. There is a person who is abusing drugs or alcohol. A family member, police officer, guardian or court official petitions the court to “section 35″ the individual, which means to detain and send the abuser to a treatment facility. The court has a doctor talk to the abuser and to give an opinion to the court about the severity of the abuser’s condition. The court rules on whether the person should be detained for treatment.

To print copies of these forms you can click on the links below:

Section 35 Application

Section 35 Recommendations

These files require a PDF reader. If you do not have Adobe PDF Reader installed, you can download it here.

These forms can be filled out and submitted to the Office of the Clerk Magistrate at the Plymouth District Court or any District Court whose jurisdiction where you may reside. These documents will be reviewed by a Judge and Medical Clinician who will determine a course of action and will in most cases issue a Court Order for an individual to be committed for Court Ordered Treatment for a specific period of time. This can be done without the services of an attorney.

Massachusetts Substance Use HelplineWebsite: helplinema.org
Need Help? Call Our Helpline: 800-327-5050

Alcohol & Drug Abuse Prevention

Get Smart about Drugs: A Resource for Parents, Educators & Caregivers

Identifying Drugs and Paraphernalia

Why do Teens Use Drugs?

Social Media: Understanding a Teen’s World

Talking to Your Child When You Suspect Drug Use

Prescription Drug Abuse

Medications in Your Home: Nearly one in four teens reported abusing a prescription drug at least once

Marijuana: Facts and Fiction (video)

Preventing Marijuana Use Among Youth and Young Adults

Teen Brain on Pot: New Study Examines First Exposures

Edible Marijuana: What We Need To Know To Protect Kids

How Opioid (Painkiller) Abuse Can Lead to Heroin Use

What is Heroin?

Prescription Drug Drop-Off Box

Now you can drop off all of your old or unused prescription medications 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in the lobby of the Plymouth Police Department, 20 Long Pond Road, Plymouth, MA 02360 and  Plymouth Fire Dept at 114 Sandwich Street.