How Do I…

Below is a list of commonly asked questions. If you don’t see the answer you are looking for, please contact us at 508-830-4218.

I was in a motor vehicle accident in Plymouth. What do I do next?

After an accident:
— Contact your Insurance company
— Review the requirements to complete a report on the MA RMV Website and then download and complete a crash report if required.
— Deliver a copy of the signed crash report to the police department.
— Request the report of the responding officer.

Where do I get a copy of a police report?

Most reports are requested using our online request form or in person at the police station. Our Records Division is located in the lobby of Plymouth Police Headquarters, 20 Long Pond Road, Plymouth, MA 02360. Hours are Monday through Thursday from 8 AM to 4 PM and closed on legal holidays.

The Records Division can be reached at (508) 830-4218, ext. 253, however, please note records requests are not accepted by phone. Crash reports may also be retrieved instantly on CRASHDOCS approximately 7 to 10 days following a crash.

Please see the Records Division page for additional information.

How / Where do I pay a Parking Ticket?

Learn all about parking in Plymouth – when the paid parking season begins and ends, where to park, what the hourly parking rates are and the different methods of payment, if you are eligible for a Plymouth parking permit, and what to do if you receive a parking citation.

Firearms: Where can I take the required safety course?

Many gun shops, sporting clubs, and individuals offer the safety course. We can not recommend any one class, but we suggest you contact your local gun store or perform a search online.

My vehicle was towed by the Plymouth Police Department, How do I get it back?

Please call the Police Department at 508-830-4218.

How do I dispose of Prescription medicines?

Plymouth Police Department has a Prescription Drug receptacle located right in the front lobby. You can safely dispose of unwanted, outdated or unnecessary prescription drugs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with no questions asked.

How do I go about hiring an officer for a private detail?

Contact the Records Division at (508) 830-4218, ext. 253 for information about scheduling a police detail. Please be aware that advance payment via money order or bank check may be required.

If it is outside of normal business hours and you need to schedule a detail beginning prior to the end of the next business day, call the Station Officer at ext. 237.

How do I report a crime?

Report / Crime Tips call 508-830-4218.

Plymouth Public Schools

Plymouth Public Library

Town of Plymouth

Cyber Crimes

Domestic Violence – SS Women’s Resource Center


Elder Services – Old Colony Elder Services

Emergency Management

Firearms Licensing

ID Theft

South Shore Women’s Resource Center

Massachusetts RMV

Massachusetts State Police

Plymouth County District Attorney’s Office

United States Attorney’s Office

Mental Health Resources

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline

Massachusetts Coalition for Suicide Prevention (MCSP)

Plymouth County Sheriff’s Department

Plymouth Public Schools

Massachusetts Environmental Police

Scam Alert

Download PDF

Sex Offender Registry